Yes, I'm back from the revision cave! I've made it through with a brand new, totally revised manuscript that is currently with my agent. Fingers crossed that she likes it.
Anyway, I thought I would do a short post on my amazing pre-Christmas gift that my husband bought for me and I had to have before the 25th: my Kobo.
I convinced my husband that I needed to open it immediately and start downloading books because I wanted to make sure it worked ;) In the two weeks I've had it I've discovered my love for ereaders! So I thought I would give you my top five reasons why I think you all need an ereader.
1. I can buy books anytime, practically anywhere! That's right, I don't have to wait for the bookstore to open in the morning; as soon as I finish one book I can download the next! Pretty darn convenient! (And possibly deadly expensive, but that's another issue altogether - don't give a book junkie accessibility to books at all hours of the day!)
2. The books at Kobo and other sites are cheaper than in the book store. It's just a few dollars but sometimes there are sales and you can really get great deals.
3. I've found back listed books that I haven't been able to get in the stores! I can fill in the gaps in some of the series that I'm reading! As well, I've found free books put out by some of my fav authors who give back stories to some of their characters - pretty cool!
4. It's super light and easy to carry around in my purse and no one knows what I'm reading! Some of the novels I read, especially the romances, have some pretty graphic covers but with my ereader, no one has to know what I'm currently reading so I can bring whatever I want out with me.
5. People are very interested in it...usually I'm not the most social of people when out in public but I've had a few really interesting conversations with strangers about the merits of ebooks and ereading which is great since I am currently published in the e-world.
Sure there are some downsides to an ereader like not being able to loan books to my friends or having a solid copy of a book in my hands - oh and that book smell - I really do love that book smell. But for the sheer convenience factor I give my Kobo a double thumbs up!