Okay, so I was nominated for this Seriously Cute Blogger Award by two people…Anne Michaud and Colin Barnes…and I know I’m supposed to post a picture of the darn award somewhere here, but I just can’t. Can’t. Won’t. Isn’t going to happen. The picture is just too darn cute and goes against all things anti-nauseating about my blog, so if you want to see it then go to Anne’s blog…she’s cute, so it’s okay for her to have the silly picture posted.
Anyway, on to my 5 choices of books/movies/tv shows my brain has consumed in the past 12 months.
1) Kissed: Don’t judge…it might sound very disturbing and I guess it is considering it’s about a young woman’s love (and I mean LOVE) for her clients, who also happen to be dead. Yes, I’m talking about necrophilia and yes, that’s wrong, but this movie is one of the most romantic films I’ve ever watched…well, romantic in a Romeo and Juliet kind of way…you’ve got to watch it, and stick with it to the end, to see what I’m talking about.
2) Sophia by D.B. Reynolds: The fourth book in Reynolds’ Vampires in American series, this was one of the best…I mean, they’re all good, but this one was so good that I read it almost in one sitting…and with two kids at home, that’s saying a lot.
3) Frostbound: The Dark Forgotten by Sharon Ashwood: This is the fourth of Ashwood’s Dark Forgotten series and probably one of my favorites. It tells the story of the hellhound Lore, alpha and pack leader and his unlikely love, a vampire named Talia. This love story is exhilarating and the characters are awesome. This series is a must read not only because of it’s unique world and captivating characters but also because Ashwood is a fellow Canadian.
4) The Legend of Sleep Hollow: Yes, that’s right, the one with Johnny Depp – It’s dark a la Tim Burton which means there’s blood, gore, beheading and all around a great story. I love this movie for it’s ability to gross me out and give me a laugh. Definitely worth a viewing.
5) My So Called Life: Ah, teen angst at it’s best. How I love this show. Poor Angela Chase and her unrequited love/requited love affair with Jordan Catalano – so heart wrenching at times. I recently rewatched the entire season (yes, sadly, there was only one) and remembered why being an adult and doing cool adult things is a lot better than my idealistic memories of what it was like to be a teenager in the 90’s
So, it's my turn to tag someone for this supremely puke worthy cutie, cute award...here are my choices, in no particular order:
Go forth, my lovelies, and propagate this disgustingly cute award.